The fashion of tattoos is increasing rapidly and becoming extremely popular especially among the youngsters. Most of the people love to have been tattooed one or the other time in their life just to share their feelings and to show immense love to their partner.
Getting a tattoo done is a very sweet way of telling to the world that how dedicated you are towards your work or personal relationships. But, there are certain things you should know before getting a tattoo
Things You Should Know Before Getting A Tattoo
Look for perfect artist
Try to find out a whole summary of the person you are trusting for getting the tattoo done on your body. It’s preferably better to choose an artist at least 10 days in advance. You should have faith and respect towards the work of the artist you choose.
Be Prepared one day before
It’s a good idea to eat a rich proportional meal beforehand with lots of water. Consumption of alcohol and pain killers has to be completely avoided before getting a tattoo done. You should also dress comfortably.
Communicate with your Artist
You should be free to discuss about the tattoo that you are going to have with your artist. Suppose, if you have not selected a particular image for your body, let the artist use their creativity and get something unique, new and special for you.
Fix Your Appointment
All professional artists have a very busy and hectic schedule, so you might have to book your appointment few months in advance. For artists the time is money so, you may have to pay half of your payment in advance.
Choose small area
If it’s the first time that you are having tattoo, there is no shame or guilty in starting with a small area. Sometimes, it might happen that people have some sort of allergic reactions on their body. So, first be aware of the process that how skin takes ink and how your body heals fast.
Check your patience
It’s very important to know that how painful getting a tattoo done is and how much pain you can bear? If you skin is sensitive, then avoid choosing areas like – elbows, backs of knees and ribs. Pain is a part of the process, but don’t try to play too hard.
Get your tattoo sketched
Ask your tattoo man to sketch out a tattoo for you on a rough sheet or a tracing paper so, that you have a rough idea about the look. Doing this might take more than an hour so, be patient and stay calm.
Consider Perfect Time
Thinking about the perfect timing is one of the great things you should know before getting a tattoo. Due to so much exposure to sun in summers tattoo can be damaged. So, try avoiding getting a new tat in the summer.
Avoid cheap Tattoos
Always try to have recommendations and suggestions from your friends or family members who had already got a cheap tattoo done on their body and what side-effects they faced. If you want to have a perfect tattoo, then you have to pay high for it.
Assure Work Station Is Clean
Have a check that your artist’s work station is tidy and hygienic. You should feel comfortable over there and happy from their professionalism.
Some more points that you should know:
- Make sure the needles used by the artists are new. It should be taken out from fresh packets in front of your eyes.
- There are few components of the tattoo ink that are found in certain make-up products. So, if you are allergic to a particular lipstick or eye shadow shade then inform your tattoo artist beforehand.
- The prices of the tattoos are non-refundable and usually high. Suppose after fixing an appointment you are unable to reach on time, then the money you had paid is non-refundable and you also can’t bargain for the price.
- You can get a tattoo done on each and every part of your body. It completely depends on your wish.
- After your tattoo is healed, wash it with new antibacterial soap. Allow your tattoo to peel off naturally.
- Follow your artist’s instructions carefully. Your artists will tell you how to take proper care of your new look.
- When the tattoo is healing, you might observe slight pains like a cut and skin might feel sensitive like sunburn.
- You have to completely stay out of sun and water for at least two weeks after your tattoo is completely finished.
- You may require few touch-ups once the tattoo is completely healed because different parts heel in a different way and the color may look uneven.
- If you love the work of your tattoo artist, then share your feelings with your friends and even on social media sites and praise for the work done by your artist.
We can just say at the end that things you should know before getting a tattoo are really important for having a perfect tattoo design.