Taj Mahal is among one of the best structures of the world and popularly known as one of the Seven Wonders of the World. This beautiful monument is completely built of white marble by Emperor Shah Jahan in loving memory of his wife Mumtaz and looks graceful all time.
- It’s also famous all over the world as a monument of love as it symbolizes true love, purity of heart and pain of separation.
- From past so many centuries, Taj Mahal serves as an inspirational tourist spot for many of the visitors. People from different parts of the world show their immense interest and craziness for viewing this emblematic monument situated in India.
- It’s in human nature that we all love to have vacations from our hectic schedule and prefer going out for short tours with friends and family. So here are some essential tips you should follow while traveling!
Interesting Facts About Taj Mahal
The Taj Mahal built in Agra has many stories revolving around it, which many of us don’t know. So, let’s have a look over some interesting facts about Taj Mahal, the world’s famous monument
The actual beauty of Taj Mahal’s white marble is rapidly turning yellow day by day. One and the only reason behind this scenario is the terrible air pollution in that area. The harmful gases emitting out of the factories, pollution from the vehicles and harmful chemicals in the air are all responsible for the decline of its beauty.
Hub Of Jewels
Many of us don’t know that the white marble of the Taj Mahal consists of various jewels. It includes almost 30 types of precious and semiprecious jewels that are set in the middle of the marble, such as – jade jewel came from China, Turquoise from Tibet and the pure white from Rajasthan.
All over the interior and exterior parts of the TaJ Mahal, everything is written in calligraphy, even holy inscriptions.
- The famous tomb of the Mumtaz Mahal that praises her beauty is also written in calligraphy.
- Also, on both the sides of the main tomb 99 names of Allah are written in calligraphy.
It’s proved that Shah Jahan spent approximately about 32 million rupees on building it, during the years 1632-1653.
- Today the cost of this great architectural piece is above everything, normal human being can’t even imagine the exact amount in their dreams.
Shiv Temple Before
It is believed by the people of Agra that their ancestors in primitive times use to worship god Shiva over there. An Indian writer Mr. P.N. Oak has also claimed that Taj Mahal was actually a Shiv Temple before.
Lack Of Groundwater
Slow and steadily, Taj Mahal is cracking originally due to extreme lack of groundwater beneath the giant structure. Also, the four minarets on the corners of the Taj Mahal are getting leaned.
Minarets were built Tilted
Keeping a view in mind that if any natural calamity like – earthquake or heavy rain takes place the minarets were built in a tilted direction, so that they don’t fall on the main ‘Dome’. It’s among one of the most interesting facts about Taj Mahal.
Uniform Water Pressure
To ensure uniformity in the water pressure, the fountain pipes are not directly connected with the copper pipes, instead a copper pot is fitted inside each fountain pipe to raise the level of the water.
Another Taj Mahal
It is widely believed that Shah Jahan wanted to build another Taj Mahal for himself similar to Mughal Mahal, built in the memory of his wife. But, his dream couldn’t turn into reality as he was imprisoned by his own son.
Selfie At Taj
As selfies are in trend, the first selfie taken at Taj was by George Harrison. He did that by using fish-eye lens.
It can be concluded at the end that the marvelous monument ‘Taj Mahal’ is actually built in the hearts of the people and the above mentioned some of the interesting facts about Taj Mahal will be appreciated by you.